Information collected by the NSW Ministry of Health
We maintain site visit data to help us improve our website. When you look at the pages on this website, the following information is automatically recorded:
- the IP address of the machine that has accessed the webpage
- your server address
- your top level domain name (for example, .com, .gov, .au, etc.)
- the date and time of your visit to the site
- the pages accessed and documents downloaded
- the type of browser and operating system used.
The information collected during each visit is used to identify patterns of usage of the website. To improve the services we provide, we may extract and publish aggregated information about usage patterns from these records to determine ‘web trends’. This information is also analysed to show broken links in our website, bottlenecks, and other site problems. We use this information to maintain site efficiency.
No attempt will be made to identify anonymous users or their browsing activities unless legally compelled to do so, such as in the event of an investigation.
NSW Ministry of Health will not disclose or publish information that identifies individual machines, or potentially identifies sub-groupings of addresses, without consent or otherwise in accordance with NSW privacy legislation.