This website is designed to help health professionals manage children above a healthy weight, and their families.
Healthy Kids for Professionals provides you with all the resources you need to:
- understand the health and social impacts of children above a healthy weight
- accurately assess a child’s weight status and identify children above a healthy weight
- sensitively discuss the issue of weight status with their families
- communicate key lifestyle messages sensitively to parents
- provide children and families with resources and practical support to make positive lifestyle changes
- refer children and families in your area to specialist services and programs.
Guide to accurately measuring the height and length of a child
Downloadable length and height measurement instructions.
Hear from Dr Kean Seng Lim, General Practitioner at Mt Druitt Medical Centre and AMA (NSW) Vice President 2017 discuss childhood overweight and obesity and what health professionals can do to help their patients using a virtual shopping tour.