On this page
*New for 2022
- Assessing children’s growth: an allied health professional experience
- Assessing children’s growth: a nurse experience
- Assessing children’s growth: a parent experience
- When the parent is not ready to discuss their child’s weight
- Child experience with being above a healthy weight
- Assessing and Managing Children Above a Healthy Weight GP17 Lecture
- Using a food diary to support discussions about healthy weight
- Offering support to make positive change to address weight
- Asthma and being above a healthy weight
Mikhalia, a parent, talks about her experience having her son’s growth assessed and using healthy lifestyle advice provided by NSW Health.
Hear Professor Louise Baur and Dr Shirley Alexander, Specialist Paediatricians, explain how health professionals can accurately assess a child’s weight status, discuss the topic with families and provide families with resources and service referrals for positive lifestyle change.
Dr Georgia Rigas, Bariatric Medical Practitioner and Chair of the RACGP Obesity Management Network, shows how we can speak with parents about the link between a child’s weight status and asthma.